It’s an election year. While I avoid being overtly political in this space (though I think people can tell which way I lean), that’s not the case on my social media, particularly Facebook. In one of my saltier social media moments, I declared that in the unlikely event of a certain candidate’s nomination in the primary, I’d rather write in a Disney villain than vote for him for president. Thankfully, that candidate has since dropped out, but my declaration resulted in a challenge to appoint a cabinet of Disney villains.
I stuck to animated features. Including the MCU, Star Wars, etc. made it a little too easy. I mean, who wouldn’t vote for Thanos, amirite?
Those who saw the original Facebook post know that I was leaning toward President Maleficent, but I couldn’t think of any other villain I’d want for Secretary of the Interior. So goes the story of another woman who’s too competent and good at her job to be promoted out of her department.
Scar and the Hyenas don’t appear in the cabinet because Scar and the Hyenas are Hitler and the Nazis. Even in a fictional cabinet of Disney villains made purely for the lols, I know better than to appoint Nazis to office.
So, without any further ado…
Disney Villain President, VP, and Cabinet:
- President of the United States: Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
- Vice President of the United States: Chernabog (Fantasia)
- Secretary of State: Prince Hans (Frozen)
- Secretary of the Treasury: Prince John (Robin Hood)
Honorable mention to Scrooge McDuck (since he’s not really a villain)
- Secretary of Defense: Shan Yu (Mulan)
- Attorney General: Hades (Hercules)
- Secretary of the Interior: Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
- Secretary of Agriculture: Queen Grimhilde (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
- Secretary of Commerce: Captain James Hook (Peter Pan)
- Secretary of Labor: Lady Tremaine (Wicked Stepmother) (Cinderella)
- Secretary of Health and Human Services: Doctor Facilier (The Shadow Man) (The Princess and the Frog)
- Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: The Big Bad Wolf (The Three Little Pigs, a bit of a cheat since it’s part of the Silly Symphony series, not a feature length animated film)
- Secretary of Transportation: Iago (Aladdin)
- Secretary of Energy: Jafar (as a genie—phenomenal cosmic power; itty bitty living space) (Aladdin)
- Secretary of Education: Judge Claude Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
- Secretary of Veterans Affairs: The Horned King (The Black Cauldron)
- Secretary of Homeland Security: Gaston LeGume (Beauty and the Beast)